BETTENDORF, Iowa – Another strong outing by Wesley Meyer (SO/Rochester, Ind.) helped propel the Olivet Nazarene University men's cross country team to a first place finish at the Fighting Bee Invitational hosted by St. Ambrose University on Saturday, Oct. 7. The 8K race was held at Crow Creek Park and featured 12 teams and 141 runners.
Meyer paced the Tigers, crossing the finish line in 26:18.6, finishing second overall. Andrew Gemmaka (JR/New Carlisle, Ohio) finished 10th overall, posting a time of 27:11.9. Alexander Frank (SO/Wheaton, Ill.) used a 27:32.4 to finish 19th overall.
Rounding out the top five finishers for Olivet were Andrew Morgan and Grant Guimond (JR/Bloomington, Ill.) who crossed in 22nd and 24th place, respectively. Morgan finished the race in 27:45.7, while Guimond recorded a 27:49.2 finish.
North Iowa Area Community College finished second, behind the Tigers. Mount Mercy College placed third, followed by College of the Ozarks (Mo.) and St. Ambrose.
The Tigers return to action on Saturday, Oct. 14 at the AAE Cross Country Invitational hosted by the University of Wisconsin – Oshkosh. The men's race is scheduled to begin at 11:00 a.m. at the Lake Breeze Golf Course in Winneconne, Wisconsin.
- Oct. 14 - (12)Men's Cross Country @ AAE Cross Country Invitational hosted by UW-Oshkosh - 3rd of 26 - recap - results
- Oct. 7 - (12)Men's Cross Country @ Fighting Bee Invite hosted by Saint Ambrose University - 1st of 12 - recap - results
- Sep. 29 - Men's Cross Country @ Midwest Intercollegiate - 4th of 16 - recap - results
- Sep. 22 - (18)Men's Cross Country @ Brissman-Lundeen Invitational hosted by Augustana College - 1st of 16 - recap - results
- Sep. 8 - Men's Cross Country @ Midwest Classic - 1st of 5 - recap - results