|Olivet Nazarene Univ (7-5-1 (5-1))||1||2||3|
|Calumet-St. Joseph (4-7-1 (2-4))||0||0||0|
|East Chicago, Ind.|
|1||14:20||Moshobane, Tumi (Olivet Nazarene Univ)|
|2||65:21||Selby, Clay (Olivet Nazarene Univ)|
|2||67:14||Guimaraes, Matheus (Olivet Nazarene Univ)|
|Olivet Nazarene Univ||Indv. Leaders||Calumet-St. Joseph|
|3 Players - 1||Goals||None|
|2 Players (#15,#19) - 1||Assists||None|
|4 Players - 2||Shots||#21 Eze, Kenneth - 3|
|#1 Hewett, Collin - 3||Saves||#32 Navarro,Edwardo - 1|
|Olivet Nazarene Univ||Team Statistics||Calumet-St. Joseph|
|15 (4)||Shots (on goal)||8 (5)|
EAST CHICAGO, Ind. – Saturday's 3-0 shutout victory over Calumet College of St. Joseph (Ind.) was the fifth win in the last five games for the Olivet Nazarene University Tigers. It is the best stretch of the season thus far, outscoring six CCAC opponents 15-7. Notably, the Tigers have scored exactly three goals in all of their last five wins.
Despite allowing the Crimson Wave (4-7-1, 2-4) to tally the first shot of the game in the opening minute, the Tigers (7-5-1, 5-1) responded with the next three shots. The third found the back of the net when Tumi Moshobane (JR/Soweto, South Africa) scored his fourth goal of the season. He was assisted by the Tigers' leading point scorer, Christian Henock-Berhanu (SR/Bourbonnais, Ill.) (13). ONU went on to lead the way in the shot column, outdoing the Crimson Wave six-to-one over the final 30 minutes, but ONU wouldn't score again until after halftime.
Just like in the first half, the Crimson Wave tested the ONU defense early, requiring Chris Taborn (SR/Matteson, Ill.) to save a shot around the 47-minute mark. Yet, 18 minutes later at the 65:21 mark Clay Selby (SR/Fenton, Mich.), who had to sit out the last two games due to injury, was able to make it a 2-0 game. He scored his third goal of the season off an assist from Simon Spivey (FR/Wheaton, Ill.). The Crimson Wave defense didn't have much time to breathe as the Tigers scored their third goal nearly a minute later. Matheus Guimaraes (SR/Sao Paulo, Brazil) found the net for the third time this season. Olivet's defense was strong the rest of the way earning the shutout.
ONU's goalie, Chris Taborn recorded two saves in 75:17 of action and Collin Hewett (JR/Canton, Mich.) played the final 14:43 and had three saves of his own. CCSJ's Edwardo Navarro had only save in the loss.
The Tigers will have the next six days off and will play again at home against Robert Morris University-Illinois at 2:30 p.m.
- Oct. 17 - Men's Soccer vs RVCardinal Stritch University - L 2-0 - recap
- Oct. 14 - Men's Soccer vs Saint Xavier University - W 2-0 - recap
- Oct. 7 - Men's Soccer vs Calumet College of St. Joseph - W 3-0 - recap
- Oct. 3 - Men's Soccer vs Trinity Christian College - W 3-2 - recap
- Sep. 30 - Men's Soccer vs Robert Morris University - Illinois - W 3-0 - recap
- Sep. 27 - Men's Soccer vs University of Saint Francis - L 2-0 - recap
- Sep. 23 - Men's Soccer vs Roosevelt University - W 3-1 - recap
- Sep. 19 - Men's Soccer vs Judson University - W 3-2 (2OT) - recap
- Sep. 13 - Men's Soccer vs 10University of Northwestern Ohio - L 2-1 - recap
- Sep. 8 - Men's Soccer vs RVSpring Arbor University - L 3-0 - recap