|Robert Morris-IL (1-7 (0-4))||0||0||0|
|Olivet Nazarene Univ (5-5-1 (3-1))||2||1||3|
|1||5:51||Henock-Berhanu, C. (Olivet Nazarene Univ)|
|1||10:15||TEAM (Olivet Nazarene Univ)|
|1||55:37||van der Gun, Jurren (Olivet Nazarene Univ)|
|Robert Morris-IL||Indv. Leaders||Olivet Nazarene Univ|
|None||Goals||2 Players (#13,#15) - 1|
|None||Assists||#7 Wollak, Marcus - 1|
|7 Players - 1||Shots||3 Players - 3|
|#0 Brunet, Christian - 9||Saves||#96 Taborn, Chris - 1|
|Robert Morris-IL||Team Statistics||Olivet Nazarene Univ|
|7 (1)||Shots (on goal)||20 (12)|
BOURBONNAIS, Ill. – Following its first loss in CCAC play during the week, the Olivet Nazarene University men's soccer team was back at home, where they have had great success this season. The Tigers hosted Robert Morris University-Illinois and after only six minutes of play Olivet took its first lead and never looked back, using two more goals to gain the victory and move back to .500. ONU stayed unbeaten at home with a 3-0 win over the Eagles.
The Tigers (5-5-1, 3-1) initially dominated possession in the first half and they took advantage early in the game. Marcus Wollak (JR/Eau Claire, Wis.) made a great pass from the left side across the goal into the box and found Christian Henock-Berhanu (SR/Bourbonnais, Ill.) for his fourth goal of the year and the first of the game. Olivet would benefit from an Eagles' (1-7, 0-4) defensive mishap five minutes later when they made it 2-0 with an own goal. Yet, RMU didn't allow the score to get worse as they kept the Tigers from stretching the lead all the way until halftime.
However, 10:37 after the break the Tigers finally scored to make it 3-0. Following a foul by the Eagles near the top of the 18' box, Jurren van der Gun (JR/Utrecht, Netherlands) was able to set up to take a shot. He took advantage and hooked it around low and by the goalie for his third goal of the season. The Tigers threatened a few more times over the next 30 minutes but were unable to net their fourth goal. Meanwhile, RMU struggled offensively all day to find any rhythm and the ONU defense was never really tested.
ONU's goalie, Chris Taborn (SR/Matteson, Ill.) had only one save in route to his second shutout of the season. Christian Brunet had nine saves for the Eagles.
The Tigers will be back at home on Tuesday, October 3 against Trinity Christian College (Ill.) at 6:30 p.m.
- Oct. 17 - Men's Soccer vs RVCardinal Stritch University - L 2-0 - recap
- Oct. 14 - Men's Soccer vs Saint Xavier University - W 2-0 - recap
- Oct. 7 - Men's Soccer vs Calumet College of St. Joseph - W 3-0 - recap
- Oct. 3 - Men's Soccer vs Trinity Christian College - W 3-2 - recap
- Sep. 30 - Men's Soccer vs Robert Morris University - Illinois - W 3-0 - recap
- Sep. 27 - Men's Soccer vs University of Saint Francis - L 2-0 - recap
- Sep. 23 - Men's Soccer vs Roosevelt University - W 3-1 - recap
- Sep. 19 - Men's Soccer vs Judson University - W 3-2 (2OT) - recap
- Sep. 13 - Men's Soccer vs 10University of Northwestern Ohio - L 2-1 - recap
- Sep. 8 - Men's Soccer vs RVSpring Arbor University - L 3-0 - recap