BOURBONNAIS, Ill. – It was a beautiful afternoon at the Midwest Intercollegiate Invite and the Olivet Nazarene University women's cross team took full advantage, capturing a third place finish. There were 10 full teams with 146 total runners at Aspen Ridge Golf Course on Friday, Sept. 29 for the 5K race.
Alexa Beezhold (SR/Saint John, Ind.) continues to use her experience to lead the young Tiger contingency. Beezhold finished seventh overall, posting a time of 18:59.5. Karalynn Brock (JR/Wilmington, Ill.) also recorded a sub-20 minute time, finishing 11th at 19:08.2. Sarah White (SR/Mount Zion, Ill.) added a stellar performance, just missing the 20 minute mark, crossing the finish line in 20:01.0 to place 23rd.
Rounding out the top five finishes for the Tigers were Angela Budach (SO/Woodridge, Ill.) and Bettina Taxer, Budach finished in 23rd place with a time of 20:03.2, while Taxer finished 35th with a time of 20:36.8.
The University of Chicago captured the overall title, followed by the University of St. Francis (Ill.). North Central College (Ill.) finished fourth overall and Trinity Christian College (Ill.) added a fifth place finish.
The Tigers return to action on Saturday, Oct. 7 at the Fighting Bees Invite hosted by Saint Ambrose University (Iowa). The race is scheduled to start at 11:15 a.m. at Crow Creek Park in Bettendorf, Iowa.
- Oct. 14 - Women's Cross Country @ AAE Cross Country Invitational hosted by UW-Oshkosh - 5th of 24 - recap - results
- Oct. 7 - Women's Cross Country @ Fighting Bee Invite hosted by Saint Ambrose University - 7th of 13 - recap - results
- Sep. 29 - Women's Cross Country @ Illiniois Intercollegiate - 3rd of 10 - recap - results
- Sep. 22 - Women's Cross Country @ Brissman-Lundeen Invitational hosted by Augustana College - 7th of 17 - recap - results
- Sep. 8 - Women's Cross Country @ Midwest Classic - 2nd of 4 - recap - results