KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC) today announced the 2016-17 NABC Honors Court, recognizing those men's collegiate basketball student-athletes who excelled in academics during the past season. The NABC Honors Court recognizes the talents and gifts that these men possess off the court and the hard work they exhibit in the classroom. @NABC1927 invites you to share the success of these student-athletes using #NABCHonorsCourt.
In order to be named to the Honors Court, a student-athlete must meet a high standard of academic criteria. The qualifications are as follows:
1. Academically a junior or senior and a varsity player.
2. Cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.2 or higher at the conclusion of the 2016-17 academic year.
3. Students must have matriculated at least one year at their current institution.
4. Member of a NCAA Division I, II, III, or NAIA Division I or II institution with a NABC member coach.
The Olivet Nazarene University men's basketball team led by head coach Ralph Hodge had six of its members named to the 2016-17 NABC Honors Court. Seniors Abe Barwegen (Criminal Justice), Ryan Carl (Engineering), Tyler Crater (Marketing), and Troy Swindle (Marketing) were joined by juniors Chris Green (SR/Bonfield, Ill.) (Business Administration) and Zach Tuxhorn (JR/Naperville, Ill.) (Accounting). All six honorees were first-time recipients of the award.
- Feb. 24 - Men's Basketball vs 7Robert Morris University - Illinois - L 99-91 - recap
- Feb. 21 - Men's Basketball vs Saint Xavier University - W 91-77 - recap
- Feb. 18 - Men's Basketball vs Holy Cross College - W 88-79 - recap
- Feb. 15 - Men's Basketball vs University of Saint Francis - W 94-85 - recap
- Feb. 11 - Men's Basketball vs Indiana University-South Bend - W 99-71 - recap
- Feb. 8 - Men's Basketball vs Governors State University - W 93-79 - recap
- Feb. 4 - Men's Basketball vs Calumet College of St. Joseph - L 74-51 - recap
- Feb. 1 - Men's Basketball vs Purdue University Northwest - W 107-72 - recap
- Jan. 28 - Men's Basketball vs Cardinal Stritch University - W 99-81 - recap
- Jan. 25 - Men's Basketball vs Trinity Christian College - W 94-83 - recap