KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Jamie Kiefer (JR/Chicago, Ill.) is among the 395 women's softball student-athletes to be named a 2017 Daktronics-NAIA Women's Softball Scholar-Athletes announced by the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) announced Tuesday, May 31.
This is the first time to receive the honor for Kiefer, a junior nursing major. She finished the 2017 season with a 1.35 ERA and a record in the circle for the Olivet Nazarene University softball team.
In order to be nominated by an institution's head coach or sports information director, a student-athlete must maintain a minimum grade point average of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale and must have achieved junior academic status.
To learn more about the Daktronics-NAIA Scholar-Athlete, click here.
2017 Daktronics-NAIA Softball Scholar-Athletes - PDF
- May. 16 - Softball vs Davenport University - L 5-0 - recap
- May. 16 - Softball vs Hastings College - W 2-1
- May. 15 - Softball vs 17University of Rio Grande - L 6-0 - recap
- May. 6 - Softball vs University of Saint Francis - L 6-2 - recap
- May. 6 - Softball vs Cardinal Stritch University - W 6-0 - recap
- May. 5 - Softball vs University of Saint Francis - L 5-4 - recap
- May. 5 - Softball vs Judson University - W 4-3 - recap
- May. 4 - Softball vs Saint Xavier University - W 1-0 - recap
- Apr. 29 - Softball vs Cleary University - Canceled
- Apr. 29 - Softball vs RVAquinas College - Canceled