BOURBONNAIS, Ill. – In one of their final regular season Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conference match ups, the Olivet Nazarene University men's tennis team were forced to make some lineup changes due to injuries, but still came away with a 7-2 win over the University of St. Francis (Ill.) on Tuesday, April 18.
The only close match in doubles action came in the top spot, but Grant Esposito (SO/Fountain City, Ind.) and Alfonso Martinez (SO/Madrid, Spain) outlasted Mike Hasler and Miguel Rayos del Sol finally winning 8-5.
Alfonso Martinez picked up a quick win at No. 1 singles, downing Miguel Rayos del Sol 6-1, 6-2. Grant Esposito finished Andres Sandberg off 6-1, 6-0 at No. 3 singles, while Tyler Cannon (SO/Denison, Texas) added a win at No. 4 6-0, 6-1 over David Kohler. Ryan Lingle (SR/Avon, Ind.) blanked Fritz Ticala in matching 6-0 sets in the No. 6 spot.
Olivet was scheduled to face Roosevelt University (Ill.) in CCAC action on Thursday, April 10, but the Tigers were notified earlier in the week that the Lakers would forfeit the match. Now, the Tigers will travel to Saint Ambrose University (Iowa) on Saturday, April 22 to face the Fighting Bees in the final match of the regular season. The CCAC Tournament is scheduled to begin on Wednesday, April 26.
- Apr. 29 - Men's Tennis vs Cardinal Stritch University - L 5-0 - stats
- Apr. 28 - Men's Tennis vs RVJudson University - W 5-3
- Apr. 22 - Men's Tennis vs Saint Ambrose University - W 6-0 - recap - stats
- Apr. 20 - Men's Tennis vs Roosevelt University - W 9-0
- Apr. 18 - Men's Tennis vs University of Saint Francis - W 7-2 - recap - stats
- Apr. 13 - Men's Tennis vs Lindenwood University-Belleville - Canceled
- Apr. 12 - Men's Tennis vs RVJudson University - W 7-2 - stats
- Apr. 8 - Men's Tennis vs Calumet College of St. Joseph - W 7-2 - recap - stats
- Apr. 8 - Men's Tennis vs 10Cardinal Stritch University - L 6-3 - recap - stats
- Mar. 29 - Men's Tennis vs Purdue University Northwest - W 8-0 - recap - stats