CHICAGO --- A red-hot player – Olivet Nazarene's Tanner McLain (JR/Gifford, Ill.) claimed the latest round of Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conference baseball player of the week honors, it was announced by the league office Tuesday morning.
McLain, a junior shortstop, was named the CCAC Player of the Week for the second time this season after extending his multi-hit streak to six games during the week of April 10-16. He extended the feat during the Tigers' five games this past week, including two contests with three hits and a four-hit game to close out the seven-day period where he batted .609 (14-of-23) with 12 runs scored and another 12 driven in. He also stole three bases.
McLain opened the week with a pair of three-hit games in a doubleheader sweep of Trinity International last Wednesday. Three of the six hits were doubles. He then went 8-for-13 (.615) in a three-game weekend series with Calumet St. Joseph highlighted by a four-RBI first game on Saturday and the four-hit game (three doubles) in the nightcap.
McLain averaged 2.8 hits, both 2.4 runs and RBIs and 1.4 doubles over the five games leading to a .630 on-base percentage and a 1.043 slugging percentage for the Tigers, who went 5-0 on the week.
Overall, ONU is 23-15 and 12-5 in league play to sit second behind St. Francis.
- Oct. 7 - Baseball vs Mount Vernon Nazarene University - L 14-1 - recap
- Oct. 7 - Baseball vs Mount Vernon Nazarene University - L 12-3 - recap
- Oct. 6 - Baseball vs Mount Vernon Nazarene University - L 3-2 (8 Innings) - recap
- Sep. 23 - Baseball vs Lincoln Christian University - W 12-4 - recap
- Sep. 23 - Baseball vs Lincoln Christian University - W 9-1 - recap
- Sep. 22 - Baseball vs Lincoln Christian University - W 21-3 (7 Innings) - recap
- May. 8 - Baseball vs Indiana University-South Bend - L 7-4 - recap
- May. 6 - Baseball vs Robert Morris University - Illinois - W 4-2 - recap
- May. 5 - Baseball vs University of Saint Francis - L 3-2 (10 Innings) - recap
- May. 2 - Baseball vs Trinity Christian College - W 8-6 - recap