KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Eight members of the Olivet Nazarene University women's cross country were recently named 2016 Daktronics-NAIA Scholar-Athletes when the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) announced the honorees on Friday, Nov. 17. A total of 335 women's cross country student-athletes were recognized.
Earning the honor for the second straight year were Karley Divan (SR/Lees Summit, Mo.), Sarah Ganster (SR/Batavia, Ill.), Stephani LaCasse, Ashley Oosterhouse (SR/Bourbonnais, Ill.), Sarah Ray (SR/Warsaw, Ind.) and Andrea Wojciecowski. First time honorees included Alexa Beezhold (JR/Saint John, Ind.) and Heather Halverson (JR/Le Roy, Ill.).
In order to be nominated by an institution's head coach or sports information director, a student-athlete must maintain a minimum grade point average of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale and must have achieved a junior academic status to qualify for this honor.
2016 Daktronics-NAIA Women's Cross Country Scholar-Athletes PDF
- Nov. 19 - (RV)Women's Cross Country @ NAIA National Championship - No Team Score - recap - results
- Nov. 5 - (RV)Women's Cross Country @ Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conference Championship - 3rd of 13 - recap - results
- Oct. 22 - (21)Women's Cross Country @ NAIA Great Lakes Invitational - 8th of 25 - recap - results
- Oct. 15 - (21)Women's Cross Country @ AAE Cross Country Invitational - 19th of 36 - recap - results
- Sep. 30 - Women's Cross Country @ Illinois Intercollegiate - 2nd of 13 - recap - results
- Sep. 23 - (22)Women's Cross Country @ Brissman-Lundeen Invitational - 3rd of 24 - recap - results
- Sep. 9 - Women's Cross Country @ Midwest Classic - 1st of 7 - recap - results