ELSAH, Ill. – The unusually warm fall weather that most of the country had been enjoying came to an abrupt halt late Friday night, just in time for the NAIA Cross Country National Championship on Saturday, Nov. 19. Three members of the Olivet Nazarene University women's cross country team were on hand representing the Tigers, having missed a team qualification for the first time in six years.
The meet, originally schedule to be held in North Carolina, was moved by the NAIA in early October. Finding a new home at the North Farm Cross Country Course. The 5k race featured 334 athletes from 36 teams plus individual qualifiers.
Elizabeth Soper (SR/Grand Rapids, Mich.) paced the Tigers, finishing in 18:01.82 in 36th place. Sarah Ray (SR/Warsaw, Ind.), who missed part of the regular season for medical reasons, finished 114th at 18:54.21. Finishing in 19:24.50, Alexa Beezhold (JR/Saint John, Ind.) placed 185th overall.
British Columbia took first place overall, followed by Northwest Christian University. Rounding out the top five were Biola University (Cal.), Aquinas College (Mich.) and Oklahoma City University.
- Nov. 19 - (RV)Women's Cross Country @ NAIA National Championship - No Team Score - recap - results
- Nov. 5 - (RV)Women's Cross Country @ Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conference Championship - 3rd of 13 - recap - results
- Oct. 22 - (21)Women's Cross Country @ NAIA Great Lakes Invitational - 8th of 25 - recap - results
- Oct. 15 - (21)Women's Cross Country @ AAE Cross Country Invitational - 19th of 36 - recap - results
- Sep. 30 - Women's Cross Country @ Illinois Intercollegiate - 2nd of 13 - recap - results
- Sep. 23 - (22)Women's Cross Country @ Brissman-Lundeen Invitational - 3rd of 24 - recap - results
- Sep. 9 - Women's Cross Country @ Midwest Classic - 1st of 7 - recap - results