OSHKOSH, Wis. – Down one of the team's top runners and facing some of the best cross country teams from all divisions in the Midwest, the Olivet Nazarene University women's cross country team had their work cut out for them on Saturday, Oct. 15 at the UW Oshkosh Kollege Town Sports Invitational. The 6k race was held at Lake Breeze Golf Club in Winneconne, Wisconsin and featured 528 runners from 36 colleges and universities.
Elizabeth Soper (SR/Grand Rapids, Mich.) paced the Tiger contingency, finishing 18th overall in the field of over 500 runners. She crossed the finished line in 22:28. Karley Divan (SR/Lees Summit, Mo.) finished 98th overall, finishing in 23:41, followed closely by Alexa Beezhold (JR/Saint John, Ind.) in 100th place at 23:45. Rounding gout the top five for Olivet were Angela Budach (FR/Woodridge, Ill.) in 142nd place, finishing at 24:20 and Heather Halverson (JR/Le Roy, Ill.) in 160th place at 24:43.
The Tigers finished 19th overall in the 36 team field. Washington University – St. Louis captured the overall title, followed by Calvin College (Mich.), the University of Chicago, St. Norbert University (Wis.) and Hope College (Mich.).
Next up for the Tigers is the NAIA Great Lakes Invitational on Saturday, Oct. 22. The women's race is scheduled to begin at 11 a.m. (CT) at Riverside Park in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- Nov. 19 - (RV)Women's Cross Country @ NAIA National Championship - No Team Score - recap - results
- Nov. 5 - (RV)Women's Cross Country @ Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conference Championship - 3rd of 13 - recap - results
- Oct. 22 - (21)Women's Cross Country @ NAIA Great Lakes Invitational - 8th of 25 - recap - results
- Oct. 15 - (21)Women's Cross Country @ AAE Cross Country Invitational - 19th of 36 - recap - results
- Sep. 30 - Women's Cross Country @ Illinois Intercollegiate - 2nd of 13 - recap - results
- Sep. 23 - (22)Women's Cross Country @ Brissman-Lundeen Invitational - 3rd of 24 - recap - results
- Sep. 9 - Women's Cross Country @ Midwest Classic - 1st of 7 - recap - results