ROCK ISLAND, Ill. – After a week off, the No. 22 Olivet Nazarene University women's cross country team was back in action, this time at the Brissman-Lundeen Invitational hosted by Augustana College. The 6k race was held at the Saukie Golf Course in Rock Island, Illinois. The Tigers finished 3rd in the 24 team field.
Sarah Ray (SR/Warsaw, Ind.) paced the Tiger contingency, finishing the race in 22:54.9 in fifth place overall in the 370 runner field. Right behind Ray was teammate Elizabeth Soper (SR/Grand Rapids, Mich.) who finished in eighth place at 23:02.7. Alexa Beezhold (JR/Saint John, Ind.) finished third for Olivet, 39th overall, crossing the finish line at 23:54.4. Rounding out the top five finishers was Courtney Vande Vorde (FR/Hamilton, Mich.) in 46th place with a time of 24:07.1 and Karley Divan (SR/Lees Summit, Mo.) finished 52nd finishing at 24:12.1.
The University of Chicago took the overall title, followed by Wartburg College (Iowa) in second. The University of Wisconsin – Stevens Point finished behind the Tigers in fourth place and the University of St. Francis (Ill.) rounded out the top five.
Olivet will return to action on Friday, Sept. 30 at the Illinois Intercollegiate Invitational. The race is held at Aspen Ridge Golf Course in Bradley, Illinois. The women's race is scheduled to start at 5 p.m.
- Nov. 19 - (RV)Women's Cross Country @ NAIA National Championship - No Team Score - recap - results
- Nov. 5 - (RV)Women's Cross Country @ Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conference Championship - 3rd of 13 - recap - results
- Oct. 22 - (21)Women's Cross Country @ NAIA Great Lakes Invitational - 8th of 25 - recap - results
- Oct. 15 - (21)Women's Cross Country @ AAE Cross Country Invitational - 19th of 36 - recap - results
- Sep. 30 - Women's Cross Country @ Illinois Intercollegiate - 2nd of 13 - recap - results
- Sep. 23 - (22)Women's Cross Country @ Brissman-Lundeen Invitational - 3rd of 24 - recap - results
- Sep. 9 - Women's Cross Country @ Midwest Classic - 1st of 7 - recap - results